catarina

Too many books, too little time.
Amazingly Broken - Jordin Williams So, this is the story of Elana and Jaxxon. They met in Florida when attending the same college. Both of them are broken and hiding secrets… but somehow they can’t help being attracted to each other and against their will, their relationship will mess with their lives and they will find out that sometimes things don't go as we expected.

description

I tried. I really tried to like this book. The blurb seemed great and I was anxious to read it.
The writing was a little off for me since the beginning but I was able to ignore it because I was actually liking the book at the first pages.

From that point on, was downhill until the end.
It began to look like a cheap copy of Beautiful Disaster. Since the sexy tattooed playboy with anger issues and family problems, to the girl daddy issues: he used to be famous in something and now is an asshole and don’t care about her, to the dangerous hobby of the hero and his hordes of girl fans, to the annoying heroine (really, she annoyed me even more than Abby in BD and believe me, that’s a hard thing to achieve).
I mean the guy treated her extremely well, offered his house and his bedroom and slept on the couch and she treats him like he is trash. Can you say ungrateful bitch?
I couldn't connect with the characters and somehow along the book I lost interest in the history.

Maybe it’s my problem (it probably is) but this book wasn't for me! :(

description