catarina

Too many books, too little time.
Falling Into You - Jasinda Wilder I hesitated before reading this book because everyone was saying how sad it was and how much they've cried. When I finally accepted the fact that I’d cry a lot, I start reading it and well… I did cry a lot! But it was totally worth it!

This is a heartbreaking story about a sweet girl that loses her boyfriend when she has 18 years. But he was not only her boyfriend, he was also her best friend, the person she cherished the most and that knew everything about her. They were absolutely close and dedicated to each other since they were kids. They shared every important moment together. She feels guilty for his dead and her life take a wrong turn. She can’t be that girl anymore.
Two years later she coincidentally finds Colton in NY, the older brother of her dead boyfriend whom she saw for the last time in Kyle's funeral. Cole knows pain, knows despair and knows dark. He understands her better than anyone because he shares her pain, the lost of Kyle. And the only thing he wants it’s for her to be free of guilty, to suffer less. To be her again.
They connect with each other trough music and it’s delightful to see.

If you think that a romance between a girl and his dead boyfriend's brother is weird… well, you really have to read this. This romance it’s heartbreaking beautiful, passionate and in a way, desperate, because they both have to struggle with the ghosts from the past.

“How do you compete with a ghost, Colton?” I whisper the question into a long silence.
He shrugs. “I don’t know. You don’t. You just understand what there’s a part of you that you can’t give away, because it belongs to a dead person. I don’t know.”

I loved every single moment of this book. They are trying to love again, to feel again. To live again. And eventually, they learn how to live with the ghosts and it’s amazing to see how they fall into each other.
Again, one of those books who will stay with me for a while! :)