catarina

Too many books, too little time.
Red Fox - Karina Halle Welcome to New Mexico, where old legends still live and strange phenomenons occurs every day.

description

In this second installment Perry and Dex are going to New Mexico, more exactly to a small town called Red Fox, where strange events are happening.
Wild-behaved animals, people that know more than what they tell, things that aren't what they seem to be and the already crazy events get even crazier in the moment they arrive.
And they have no idea what are up against or even how they'll get out of that situation… well, assuming that they'll be able to actually get out.

description

When things start to get rough, and suspicions start to appear they will have to trust and turn to each other in order to get out alive.

“Perry,” he said. There was a melancholy infliction in his voice that made me stop and turn around.
“I was hoping you’d come out and get me.” […]
“Well,” I said, feeling truthful. “I’m always going to come and get you.”

It’s not an easy journey; in fact, it’s a very scary one, where they can trust no one except each other. Everyone around them is a threat.

description

This was another awesome book. We get to know a little more about Perry and her nature and a little more about Dex past and understanding better some of his actions. Their chemistry and sexual tension is bigger every day and there are some really sweet moments.

“Dex,” I whispered.
“Mmmm?” he grunted.
“I hope you never stop feeling alive.” […]
“As long as you’re around,” he said softly, “I’ll be alive.”

I’ve got to say, that although there were definitely some moments that increased the heart rate and made me look around suspiciously, I didn’t find it that scary. But I’ve heard it gets worse, so I’ll probably bite my tongue for saying this now.
Anyway, I’ll obviously continue with this series.
Especially because these books are so highly addictive that they should come with a warning. :)