catarina

Too many books, too little time.
Lying Season - Karina Halle description

This fourth book is on a mental asylum, which is believed to be one of the most haunted places in Seattle. There are a lot of ghost’s stories and legends of strange deaths. The official patient list is 33… but there are always the ones that not everyone sees.
And that never left.

description

The crazy ride continues but this time, the paranormal is the least of Perry’s worries. She has to stay for the week in Seattle… in Dex house… with his perfect little girlfriend, Jenn. Who is a bitch. (And I’m saying that in the kindest of ways.)

And as if wasn’t enough deal with the show in the asylum and have to see Dex with Jenn, Perry starts to see other things… that she doesn’t understand. And this time is not just a haunting: This time is personal.
During the night the memories haunt her dreams, and during the day, something that she doesn't understand, but she knows that whoever it is, is trying to send a very twisted message.

description

With all that we get to know more about Perry’s past and we start to understand a lot of things. We also find out very important things about Dex and about his attitudes, that will change everything.
We all have a past and things we regret, things we want to forget.
But sometimes the past refuses to be forgotten.

description

These events force Perry and Dex to open up to each other and trust in the other more than ever. Their relationship, their chemistry and their hidden feelings that neither of them wants to show will eventually have to explode. And it comes to a point where they can never go back from: For better or for worse.

“You’re the light in all this madness. You’re my light. I should have been with you...” The thought hit him as his face crumpled in amazement. “Oh God, why am I not with you?”
“Because you’re an idiot,” I said.”

This was an awesome book. It was scary, and there were a perfect mix of f***ed up, sweet and sexy. Yes, sexy!
Then it had a hell of an end and now I’ve got to start the next one. Like, right this second.
It’s in moments like these that I could actually kill Karina Halle… but then I remember that is probably best to wait until she writes the whole series! :P