catarina

Too many books, too little time.
White Trash Beautiful  - Teresa Mummert Rating Clarification: 3.5 Stars

This is the story of Cass and Tucker.
Cass is a waitress, lives in a trailer park with a junkie mother and even junkie shit-ass boyfriend. Her life is bad, really bad. (And she reminds us that every 5.7 seconds.)
She believes that her life will never be more than that and that’s her sad destiny.

description

Tucker is the lead singer of Damaged, a rock band starting its rising to stardom.
One day he has a concert close to Cass’s town and goes to the dinner where she works at. He immediately sees her bruises and knows that he has to be the one to saver.
He sees that she is much more than just a beautiful white trash girl.

description

This book had a lot of potential. And I mean: A LOT. After all, the hero is a goddamn rock-star!
But there was something missing. The book took spend too much time with Cass throwing pity parties for herself and a lot less time than it should focusing in their relationship. And when that eventually happens it looks too forced and too fast.
Even the steam and the romance in this book was a lot less than it should have been. There was a few really good moments but unfortunately very apart from each other.
I was undecided between two or three stars, but in the end, I’m a sucker for rock-stars.
What can a girl do?

*ARC courtesy of NetGalley on behalf of Gallery, Threshold, Pocket Books, in exchange for an honest review.*