catarina

Too many books, too little time.
Branded (Sinners, #1) - Abi Ketner,  Missy Kalicicki Rating Clarification: 3.5 Stars

This story takes place in a post-WWV world, which is now a completely different place.
The world is now ruled by the “Commander” and it has to remain pure.
No sins… and no sinners.
The Commander believes that the seven deadly were the cause to the downfall of society and all the sinners that are believed to commit a crime inside one of the seven deadly sins are judged and sent to “The Hole” where a color will identify the type of sin they committed.

description

Lexi was sent to the hole and she didn't try to defend herself because she knew it wouldn't matter. There she meets Cole, the guard assigned for her.
Relationships between guards and prisoners are strictly forbidden… but Cole starts to see that maybe Lexi isn't so guilty and they can’t help start falling in love.
And with that starts a crazy ride.

description

I liked this book. Normally I'm not the biggest fan of dystopian books but this catch my attention and I was not disappointed.
There were some things that didn't worked for me, but other than that, it’s a beautiful love story with an original twist and it’s hard not to be hooked to the book and the characters.
Definitely a series that I’ll follow.

*ARC courtesy of Victory Editing via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*