catarina

Too many books, too little time.
Ruin - Rachel Van Dyken 4 Real Sweet Bucket-list Stars!

”Maybe it’s not in the perfection of life that things make sense, but in the chaos.”

This is the story of Kiersten and Wes.
Kiersten is mourning the loss of her parents, she never had the chance of saying goodbye to them and she closed herself to the world, afraid of having to feel loss again. She is kind of a broken soul.

description

Enter Wes. Tv show star, completely hot and unfortunately, extremely sick.
So he knows he can’t fall in love with her, not when he doesn’t know how much more time he could have and especially when she doesn’t know about his condition and when she won’t be able to deal with the loss of more people in her life.
But the thing is: neither of them can’t help it.
When it’s real there’s nothing you can do to stop it.

description

This was a real sweet reading. Both Kiersten and Wes are amazing characters and I felt connected to them since page one. The supportive characters were also pretty good and I’m hoping we’ll be able to read Gabe’s story.
There were really heartbreaking moments but the story is so beautiful that you can almost ignore the angst behind it.
The only reason I’m not giving it five stars it’s because it was a bit too sickly sweet, and had too much motivational talk. I mean, there has to be a limit of “in how many different ways can you say to enjoy life”.
Other than that, a pretty great book.
You should try it ;)